Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Reason to Cheer for NYC Marathon Runner


I recently received an email from a friend of a friend, Pamela Rappaport. I wanted to share some of it with all of you.

I work at CBS Sports and work with one of our talent Boomer Esiason. He used to play for the Bengals and the Jets. He is a well known TV sports personality on CBS as well as has his own am NYC radio show and calls a lot of the Monday Night Football games. He has a son who is in college now with cystic Fibrosis. Boomer has a charity called BEF (Boomer Esiason Foundation) that I have gone to charity events for. It is a pretty big foundation with some pretty big names behind it. Boomer is really passionate about it because of his son. So. . .the reason I am sending you this is because for the past few years Boomer has sponsored runners to run in the NYC marathon through his foundation. A few of my friends from work did it last year and said it was the best experience ever for them. I decided yesterday that I am 100% going to run it. I am still waiting to hear back from Boomer that I am 100% in (which I should be) but I wanted to ask you if I could run in honor of Ellis? When Kara told me about you guys first finding out about her illness she was so heart broken over you feeling so sad. I look at your facebook a lot and see how positive you are for your family and it is really truly amazing.

Of course, I told Pamela we would LOVE to have her run in Ellis' honor. We feel so blessed to have so many people joining our family in this fight against CF. We will let you know when Pamela gets the OK from Boomer to run in the marathon, so we can all cheer her on!!! Go Pamela!

No comments:

Post a Comment